WHAT IS SOUND HEALING?
Sound Healing, through various techniques
and technologies, is the educated and conscious
use of the energy of sound to reach identified
goals and promote wellness in the human system
– including the expansion of consciousness.
Sound Healing is founded on the premise that
all matter is vibrating at specific frequencies.
Science has proven that sound, or vibration,
has a strong impact upon substance. For example,
the study of Cymatics has shown how sound
creates geometric patterns in matter. Dr.
Emoto has proven that sound changes the molecular
structure of water. However, more importantly,
sound changes consciousness. Many ancient
civilizations and modern indigenous cultures
have used sound to heal and access higher
levels of consciousness for thousands of years.
There are a wide range of techniques that
utilize sound as a tool for change. The most
common and basic use of sound is for meditation
and relaxation. Chanting, toning and overtone
singing are some of the most powerful methods
for resonating sound throughout the body.
The use of nature sounds and natural instruments,
such as crystal bowls and tuning forks, have
specific healing frequencies and harmonics.
Drumming and rhythm are now used by corporations
to release stress and build team consciousness.
Shamanic drumming takes people into altered
states of consciousness. Sound is now being
using by clinical psychologists to help children
with certain learning disabilities. Binaural
beat frequencies are used to entrain people
into very specific states of consciousness.
Sound is used to alter brainwave states to
help people with sleep disorders and facilitate
creative expression. Listening to one’s
own root frequency enables an individual to
create a more centered and grounded awareness
within their life. The technique called Bio-Tuning
uses root frequencies and binaural beats,
played back through a sound table, to entrain
people into specific brainwave states. Sound
and music are also used to help with difficult
life transitions, including birth and death.
The medical community also uses sound and
music in a variety of applications such as:
during surgery to relieve pain, to break up
gall stones and to relax muscles using ultrasound.
Doctors are now finding the resonant frequency
of organs in order to help vibrate them back
into a healthy state. Perhaps most exciting
is cutting-edge research that shows how sound
might be used to disintegrate diseases such
SOUND HEALING TECHNIQUES
Here is a list of Sound Therapy techniques offered in our Sound Therapy Center. For more detail on each of the techniques CLICK HERE to visit our Sound Therapy Center.
• Root Frequency Entrainment
• Vibroacoustic Therapy (Olav Skille)
• Voice Bio (Kae Thompson-Liu)
• Sound Healing with the Voice
Neurophone Therapy (Patrick Flanagan)
• Chakra Balancing
• Tuning Fork Treatments
• Sound Design for the Soul (Custom CD Design)
• Computer Voice Analysis (Don Estes)
• Bio-Tuning (Jeffrey Thompson)
• HydroAcoustic Therapy
• Tibetan/Crystal Bowl Massage
Sound health work is
now becoming more and more accepted in the mainstream. There are two distinct
1) Sound and music for meditation, relaxation, learning,
and productivity, and
2) The use of sound for medical uses.
Clinics and Complementary Healing Centers
Very specific utilizations of
music are now being used in integrative and complementary healing centers, including:
* Office and treatment room ambiance
* Relaxation techniques, stress reduction,
* Pain control
* Reduction of anesthesia and medications
* Correction of auditory tonal processing difficulties
* Abatement of hearing
* Correction of learning disabilities
* Birthing assistance
* Musical thanatology - music to help with dying
Using Music for Healing, Therapy, and Expansion of Consciousness
First there is the whole world of music. Music has been used for years to
simply help relax people and put them in a
better state of mind. After all it has been
proven that when someone releases tension
and relaxes, their immune system benefits. Application-specific audio includes pain
control, neurodevelopmental remediation, relaxation and stress relief, meditation,
sleep, accelerated learning, enhanced productivity, consciousness raising, and
connecting to spirit. There is also a growing number of musicians that take
Psychoacoustics into consideration when producing commercial albums.
Binaural Beat Brainwave Entrainment
Binaural beats are created when two tones are detuned from each other by a small amount. The resulting third oscillation, which is the difference between the two frequencies, will automatically entrain the brain into different brainwave frequencies - delta, theta, alpha, beta, etc. This technique is used to help with sleep, learning, and enlightenment to name a few. MORE INFO
Music is also being used to help with
the alleviation of pain. There are a wide
range of surgeons who now use sound therapy
before, during, and after surgery. It has
been shown to substantially reduce the amount
of anesthesia that is required. In a similar
light, sound is also used to aid in both the
birthing and dying processes. There are numerous
tapes and CDs that have come out for making
the birthing process smoother. As well, there
are centers, such as Chalice of Repose who
use sound and music as an aid to a beautiful
Drumming and Rhythm
There are drum and rhythm schools that
use sound to facilitate all kinds of ends.
And, of course, there are a huge number of
CDs that use both sound and music to cure
just about every ill you can imagine. For
example, Village Music Circles in Santa Cruz
has an entire program based around drumming
Frequencies in Us
There are many people who believe that
we have a fundamental root sound and if we
get in touch with that frequency, we get more
in touch with ourselves. The same types of
people also often believe that the earth also
has its own frequency that is good to get
in tune with. Some take this idea into more
detail by mapping out the frequency of each
Chakra or each Sepherod within the Kaballahs
tree of life. There is also a wide range of
individuals who use sounds on acupuncture
and acupressure points. Some people actually
will sing into Chakras or acupressure points.
More popular is the use of tuning forks or
other electronic sounds that are applied to
specific points on the body. Some practitioners
believe that the resonant frequencies of crystals
are even more powerful when applied to the
Chanting and Toning
Another more common technique is to teach
people to resonate their body with their own
voice. Chanting and toning are techniques
for vibrating different areas of the body
through singing. Not only does this provide
a deeper awareness of the way sound resonates
naturally throughout the body, it also is
a lot cheaper once you learn the techniques!
Probably one of the largest areas of
interest is that of Vibroacoustics. This is
the application of sound to the body through
special sound transmission devices such as
sound chairs and sound massage tables.
Sound for the Alleviation of Learning Disabilities
Sound is currently being used to help
correct certain learning disabilities in children.
There are numerous clinics across the world
that are using the research of Dr. Tomatis
to stimulate the brain and nervous system.
For example, The Listening Program uses his
technique whereby low frequencies are increasingly
rolled off in classical music until only the
high frequencies are left. Then all the frequencies
are rolled back in until the full audio spectrum
is again present. It has been proven that
using this technique over a few weeks significantly
aids in the reduction of learning disabilities.
Medical Uses of Sound
exists a wide range of techniques that range
from simple sound massage to what is termed
sound surgery where sound is utilized
inside the body. This includes placing highly precise tones within specific
organs. Of course, ultrasound has been used for years to break up kidney stones or
plaque on our teeth. This type of sound application is also being explored on other diseases such as cancer. Fabian Maman shows cancer being broken up with sound in one of his books. One of our instructors used sound to completely get rid of large breast cancer tumor. The tumor has now been gone for five years.
Using sound to destroy diseases is an aggressive form of sound surgery. Sound now being used more and more to help restore tissues to
a healthy state of being by resonating the frequency of healthy tissues. Doctors have now figured out
the resonant frequency of healthy organs.
By applying the correct frequency to a diseased
organ, the organ is entrained into a healthy
state of vibration. Sound can also be used to massage organs. For example,
when the heart has a disease it is known to
freeze up and not move freely
within its own sac. Applying sound to
the heart at the right frequency massages
the heart, loosening it up so that it can
move more freely.
Sound and Visuals
One of the most interesting evolving
areas within the field of sound work is the
use of sound correlated with visuals. Hans
Jenny has done research in the field called
Cymatics, which explores the mandala-like
patterns that sound creates in water molecules
inside each cell of the body. Jenny vibrated
sand on a metal plate with different frequencies
and timbres to create a whole range of dynamically
changing patterns. David Gibson, is developing
a system where by 3D visuals of sounds can
be placed inside the body in Virtual Reality.
This is also leading the use of 3D visuals
of all types of geometric forms being able
to be placed throughout the body. Many are
now studying the effect of different types
of complex, geometric shapes on our psyche,
body and spirit. This whole field is referred
to as sacred geometry. The interesting
thing is that various geometric shapes correlate
mathematically to different types of chord
structures in music. Therefore, a goal is
to create a 3D geometric pattern coupled with
music that resonates throughout the body both
visually and aurally. There is much research
to be done on the effects that this has on
the body, psyche and spirit.
CLICK HERE for more information on sound and visuals inside the body
SOUND HEALING TECHNOLOGIES
There are a wide range of technologies that are being used to analyze and heal.
• Voice Analysis Technologies – There are a number of systems on the market that use the sound of the voice and breath to provide a diagnosis on the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual states of individuals, as well as the status of each organ. Various sound remedies are then prescribed.
- The VoiceBio - Kae Thompson-Liu - Analyzes the root frequencies of each syllable in order to determine which frequencies are weak in your system. Various frequencies are associated with various organs and predispostion to specific diseases. Treatment is to tone your weak frequencies or go on a sound table with music in the key of your weakness.
- Aspire - by Don Estes - Uses information from the harmonic structure, the envelope (change in volume over time), and the change is phase (timing) of the harmonics of the sound of your voice and the sound of your breath. After logging on to a supercomputer to analyze the immense amount of detail, you listen to the results 90 degrees out of phase in order to access your maximum potential physically, mentally/emotionally, and spiritually.
- Sound-Energy.net - Looks at an extremely fine detail of the harmonic structure of the sound of your voice. Then creates sounds and scalar waves to balance out the frequencies that you need. The scalar waves are transmitted into a bottle of water that you get to take home.
- Zyto's EVOX - Uses the harmonic structure of the voice to help determine what emotions need to be released.
- Sharry Edward's system - Determines the frequencies missing in your voice and creates sounds to help put them back into your system.
- Somewhat similar to Sharry Edward's system but much simpler and cheaper to use.
• VibroAcoustic Sound Chairs and Tables –Healing frequencies fill your body as you relax on a special sound table equipped with low frequency transducers. The treatment which uses sinusoidal, low frequency (30 - 120 Hz) sound pressure waves, blended with music, to transfer sound waves directly into the body through a vibroacoustic table. This technique is helpful for a wide variety of issues including muscle relaxation, increased circulation and pain reduction. This therapy accesses and frees areas of the physical and emotional bodies where we can often carry tension or stress.
• Nutri-Energetics Systems - Sends electronic quantum signals through the body, which ping the various parts of the body, then gives you a 30 page medical readout. It looks for harmony in the Morphogenetic Fields surrounding cells, organs, limbs and the body. The treatments are infoceuticals, which is mineral water with frequency and geometric patterns embedded with 3 lasers. They entrain the morphogenetic fields back into a healthy harmonic state.
• Electronic Nerve Stimulation – Use of microcurrents within the body to stimulate cells within the brain, muscles, organs, and ears for optimum functionality
• Water Sound Infusion Systems - Don Estes, Patrick Flanagan, and Dr. Emoto - Various methods of using sound to change the structure of water so that cells not only easily absorbs the water, but helps facilitate the transmission of healing aspects of the water into the body.
• Sound Visualization systems – Cymatics, the study of wave phenomena, is a science pioneered by Swiss medical doctor and natural scientist, Hans Jenny (1904-1972). For 14 years he conducted experiments animating inert powders, pastes, and liquids into life-like, flowing forms, which mirrored patterns found throughout nature, art and architecture. You see a physical representation of vibration, or how sound manifests into form through the medium of various materials.
• Neurophone - by Patrick Flanagan - Bypasses normal auditory mechanisms used by the body to provide ultrasonic neural stimulation directly to the brain. This process facilitates grounding, relaxation, increased learning potential and increased concentration and focus.
• Bio-Tuning - by Dr. Jeffrey Thompson - A global tri-body healing, personal transformation, and awakening consciousness. A therapy that utilizes physical vibrations from the sound of your own voice to heal your body. A computer analysis of your recorded voice identifies the primary sound frequency that will resonate and balance brain function. Muscle testing is used to confirm that the frequency has a strengthening effect on the individual. The recorded sound of the person’s voice is raised and lowered one octave to create a three-octave symphony of the person’s voice. The resonant frequency is lowered mathematically, approximately three octaves, and split into binaural beat frequencies that are tuned to a specific brainwave state (delta, theta, or alpha). The binaural beats and three-octave symphony of the person’s own voice are mixed with nature sounds and played back through a sound table or chair for about 45 minutes. The person is entrained into the brainwave state tuned to their own resonant frequency. This technique is useful for balancing the central nervous system, enhancing creativity and promoting physical, emotional and cognitive health.
• The X-1 Healing Machine by Dr. Fred Bell uses holographic sound, which puts in concert every cell and atom in the DNA helix.
• The Cyma®1000 by Cymatherapy International generates specific sound frequencies to stimulate muscles, organs and bones to their natural state of resonance.
• Virtual reality healing systems by David Gibson – Virtual Reality graphics of various internal systems such as muscular, endocrine, cardiovascular, nervous system, and chakras – that you can step into. You can then look down and see a graphic of your heart, for example. You then can take visuals of sounds and place them inside your body. As you do so, a corresponding sound is moved up and down on a sound table so you feel the sound inside of your body, precisely where you are seeing it.
• Infratonics – Dr. Richard Lee - Tools that combine shape, color, electromagnetic frequencies, magnetics and many different materials to affect energetic shifts in environments for health and growth, by producing unpredictable signals in the infrasonic ranges of specific brain wave rhythms, Infratonic equipment relieves pain and accelerates recovery by breaking up traumatic cellular patterns that cause production of inflammatory chemicals. The two main intents of Infratonic signals are to increase cooperation between cells and to bridge between analytical consciousness and the rhythms of the heart;
• Alternative frequency based therapeutic devices utilizing sound, light, magnetics, and microcurrent electrical stimulation. The neuroscience of acoustically resonant structures of the body, and its effect on brain wave and ultradian biorhythms.
• Scalar wave EESystem - by Sandra Rose Michael - Generates multiple bio-active life enhancing energy fields, including “scalar waves” which can allow cell regeneration, pain relief, detoxification, and increased energy levels
TO THE TOP